Taking care of your health can seem like a difficult task, especially if you have a crazy day-to-day schedule. Getting some exercise, taking dietary supplements (see Review Critic for unbiased supplement reviews) and eating well can only help you live a balanced lifestyle.
This being said, when time is not on your side, prepping healthy meals may not be at the top of your priority list. And it is easier to grab something on the way home than to cook something after work.
Luckily, it doesn’t have to be a mammoth task and there are a few healthy recipes that will take mere minutes to prepare. Here are some favorites that are great time-savers.
We all know how difficult it can be to eat a healthy breakfast every morning. We are often rushed and only have time to have a quick cup of coffee before heading out the door. Smoothies are simple yet delicious ways in which you can get some well-deserved and balanced nutrients in the morning without spending hours in the kitchen. Predominantly consisting of fruits, veggies, and yogurt, a smoothie is super healthy and quick to make.
Banana And Ginger Smoothie
- 1 banana
- 1 cup of Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- ½ a teaspoon of fresh ginger
Put all the ingredients in a blender and blitz until smooth. Pour and enjoy.
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup frozen pineapple pieces
- 1 banana
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
Blend all the ingredients together, pour and enjoy.
- 1 cup frozen unsweetened raspberries
- ¾ cup chilled unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup frozen pitted unsweetened cherries
- 1½ tablespoon of honey
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground flaxseed
- 2 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice
Combine all ingredients in a blender until smooth in consistency. Pour into a glass and enjoy.
When you are at work or school, nothing is easier than ordering in or grabbing a snack from the cafeteria. While convenient, this does not allow us to make the healthiest choices. Take out also costs money that can quickly add up to hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars. To save some cash and get into a healthy lunchtime habit, wraps are a great way to go. Wraps take very little time to prepare and can be made the night before. You can even use some leftovers that you might have in the fridge.
Tomato And Turkey Wrap
- 3 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup julienned roasted sweet red peppers
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup olive oil vinaigrette
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup of chutney
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1-1/4 pounds turkey breast cutlets, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 flour tortillas, warmed
- 4 lettuce leaves
Combine all the veggies with the vinaigrette and toss together. Beat the cream cheese, chutney and curry powder until completely blended. Coat turkey in seasoning and cook in a skillet. Spread the cream cheese mixture on each tortilla, layer the rest of the ingredients and roll up.
Sheet Pan Dinner
The last thing you feel like doing at the end of the day is cooking a large meal that will result in a multitude of pots and pans that need to be washed up afterward. The answer to this is the one sheet pan dinner.
Roast Chicken And Sweet Potato
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain or Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons dried
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 1½-2 pounds bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large red onion, cut into 1-inch wedges
Preheat the oven to 450°F and place the rack in the lower third of your oven. Next mix the oil, salt, pepper, and herbs together. Place the chicken on top of the vegetables on a sheet pan and cover in the seasoning. Bake for about 30 – 40 minutes depending on when the chicken is cooked. Serve and enjoy.
Staying healthy while managing a busy schedule does not have to be an unhealthy affair, by implementing these easy recipes you can have a balanced eating plan with almost no effort at all.