Living in a house with 3 young children is busy, cluttered and at times very hectic. I am often tripping over toys or standing on pieces of lego, which are like the most evil toy to stand on ever! The house is never relaxing until the little ones have gone to bed and I have spent an hour going around picking up odd socks, tiny little dolls clothes and various sweet wrappers that seem to find their place in every room.
It was time to make a room for relaxing in, an adult only room, somewhere sophisticated and calming. Somewhere to read, chill or to just enjoy some much needed me time. Wayfair have such a beautiful range of products to create a hotel inspired bedroom, but first I need a talking point.
My DIY tutorial for a hotel style headboard:
I visited our local DIY store and purchased some MDF to create the headboard. Once attached to the wall, I covered it in wood effect wallpaper to create this stunning statement headboard.
1. Measure the width of your bed and decide on the height you needed depending on ceiling height. I went with 1.90cm tall.
2. I had the MDF cut to size in the store to ensure it was perfectly straight.
3. Using some flat strap brackets I joined the sections of MDF together.
4. I attached the whole section of MDF to the wall with some flush mirror mounts.
5. Coat the whole headboard in a layer of wallpaper paste and allow to dry, this primes the MDF ready for the wallpaper.
6. Hang the wallpaper in the normal way allowing a little over hang around the edge.
7. Carefully using a very sharp Stanley knife trim the wallpaper to be flush with the MDF and you have a beautiful headboard.
To create your own hotel inspired bedroom, visit Wayfair for the products: