Grey again? Yes I know, the last post was an inspiration board, also with a grey theme. But that was our dinning room, and it wont be the last grey room, as I just love grey! It is warm, cool, elegant and very modern. It pretty much goes with all colours if I ever fancied a change of decor in the future. If I had my way, I would even paint the render outside the house to be a delicate shade of grey. To see more of the styling for the new house, check our my Pinterest board “Styling my Forever Home“.
Today we had good news and found out our buyers mortgage offer is now in, all our searches are back without anything to worry about. So fingers crossed we are aiming to exchange on the 27th April, so literally just over 10 days away. It is starting to feel real now, we are following our dreams of raising the children by the seaside.
1. IKEA FRIHETEN Corner Sofa Bed – When I first saw this sofa on the IKEA website I hated it, it looked small, blocky and darn right ugly. We totally dismissed, and fell in love with the Stocksund sofa in dark grey. We decided to take a trip to IKEA in Southampton to sit on their sofas and double check we were making the right decision. After lounging around on all their sofas for a good hour, and trying them all for size and comfort, I found the kids sprawled across a sofa bed. It looked perfect, so I sat down with them. It was incredibly comfortable, it had hidden storage and it also had the benefit of being a double bed too. Perfect! Also all this for less then £400.
2. Ozzy floor lamp from MADE.com – Love that the lamp resembles lighting or speakers from a festival stage. It will create a talking point standing upright in the corner illuminating the fireplace. Its not massive, just short of 1m tall, so it wont be over powering.
3. IKEA STRANDMON armchair – Ever since the launch of this chair in 2013 I have wanted it. It was launched as a tribute to the original IKEA MK from 1951. It is so comfortable, coupled with the matching footrest, I could quite happily relax, read, or even sleep in it. I have a chunky knit throw ready to curl up in it next to the fire, it will be my chair!
4. Vintage inspired filament bulb – For the main light fitting in the room, I do not want any thing big or fussy. Just a simple decorative bulb, like this globe shaped golden LED bulb would be great to create a soft and warm ambient glow. This one has been designed to mimic the effects of the old-fashioned filament lamps.
5. NEXT Chevron Cushion – I have a thing for chevrons, I just love the mix of grey and white and the symmetry of the pattern. When I saw these in the Spring/Summer catalogue, I ordered a pair straight away. Which ever grey sofa we were going to pick, they would match perfectly. They are still wrapped up and ready for the new house.
6. NEXT Alma Nesting Tables – I know, NEXT again! But I do love their furniture, and they deliver so quick. Originally I had my eye on the Marcos table from MADE.com but in the last clearance sale at NEXT I spotted this table with 70% off so we decided to buy the pair of tables instead.
7. IKEA PS CABINET – We already have this, its a few years old, slightly battered from the kids winging on the doors. But I love it! I love hiding every thing away inside, and it was great to lock the doors when Dominik was tiny, I lost count with how many Sky viewing cards we lost when Alana was tiny.
8. Heart of House Olivia Art Deco Wall Mirror – The fireplace in the house already has its original art deco style surround. I could only do it justice and include an art deco style mirror to go above it. This one from Argos is very well priced, and the perfect size. I love having a big mirror in the sitting room to bounce the light about and create the sense of more space.
9. Geometric Unicorn Art Print – Above the sofa, we will be putting up some Ribba picture ledges from IKEA, and framing my favourite quotes and pieces of art. I found the inspiration from this pin. At least this way, I can change the pictures regularly, frame new quotes, and not worry about making new holes in the walls to hang the pictures each time.
So that is another room styled, let me know what you think? Follow me over on Instagram for some more sneak peeks are what furniture we are buying for the new house.