Whether you are a roofing professional or are hiring a firm to install your new roof for you, it is still a project that is known to be quite an undertaking. While it may not seem exciting to invest in putting a new roof on to your home, the expense is quite necessary and one that will be silently enjoyed for years to come. This article will help you get started by providing some tips on how to install a new roof and what to do to prepare for the project.
- Hire a dumpster service. Hiring a dumpster service can be a great help as there is no need to fill trash cans and empty them frequently. A dumpster can sit on your driveway or in the street for an extended period of time and collect your waste. Once you are done with your project, you can then call the company to come pick up the dumpster and dispose of its contents appropriately. Before your roofing contractors arrive, be sure to check into dumpster service in your area. Learn all About Eagle Dumpster service and how they can help you accomplish your project.
- Measure. Measure your roof. Measure again. Your professional contractor will also need to measure your roof. The reason it is important to measure so many times is so that you can make sure that you have enough supplies to replace the entire roof. Your contractor will also charge you per square foot so you want to make sure that your measurements are as accurate as possible.
- Warranties and customer service after installation. It is important to ask your contractor about warranties and after installation service should it be needed. Be sure to ask about costs such as labor or parts and how long a standard warranty lasts. If it is not much more, consider purchasing an extended warranty. It is also important to ask about the future of the contractor’s business and how long you can expect to receive service from them for minor repairs and maintenance. Before committing to a contractor, be sure to ask all of these questions so that you can make the best decision.
- Costs. While it is natural to want to get the lowest price possible on your new roof, you will need to take some things into consideration. While you may receive a bargain price, you will want to ask for a detailed list of all that is included in the price. Make sure that you ask if the installation is included in the price. You will also want to make sure that the price includes labor, coordination, and the management of the project.
- Inspection. From time to time you will need to have your roof inspected to make sure that it is still in good shape. If there are any repairs that need to be made, you will want to discuss how much the cost could be. Be sure to ask your contractor if they provide follow up inspections and if so the cost of each occurrence.